FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A Florence priest denied former Vice President Joe Biden communion, saying he did so because Biden supports abortion.
Rev. Robert E. Morey, a priest at St. Anthony Catholic Church in Florence, says he refused Holy Communion to the former vice president on Sunday.
“Sadly, this past Sunday, I had to refuse Holy Communion to former Vice President Joe Biden. Holy Communion signifies we are one with God, each other and the Church. Our actions should reflect that,” Rev. Morey says in a statement to News13. “Any public figure who advocates for abortion places himself or herself outside of Church teaching. As a priest, it is my responsibility to minister to those souls entrusted to my care, and I must do so even in the most difficult situations. I will keep Mr. Biden in my prayers.”
Count on News13 for updates.
- Briscoe wins Food City 300 in NASCAR Xfinity season finale at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Final Scores & Highlights: Week 5 high school football games
- AP Exclusive: More migrant women say they didn’t OK surgery
- Fans gear up for race weekend like no other at BMS
- Biden reacts to death of Justice Ginsburg, rejects quick vote on her successor