COLUMBIA, SC (WBTW) — South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster has ordered the flags atop the Statehouse to lower to half-staff on Sunday in honor of the passing of actor Chadwick Boseman.
McMaster announced the decision in a tweet on Saturday, saying, “To honor the life, contributions, and memory of a truly extraordinary son of South Carolina, Chadwick Boseman, I have ordered the flags atop the Statehouse to be lowered to half-staff tomorrow, Sunday, August 30, 2020, from sunrise to sunset.”
In a follow-up tweet, McMaster said that the two flags will be removed at sunset and will be presented to Boseman’s family at the appropriate time.
- PHOTOS: Remembering Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- ‘Dewgarita’: How to make the Mountain Dew margarita Red Lobster’s now serving
- Holston Habitat for Humanity back to work amid pandemic
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s family friend reflects on her life, legacy