TAMPA, (WFLA) — Popeyes hit a road block in the chicken sandwich war Tuesday when they announced they sold out of their supremely popular chicken sandwiches.
The fast food chain released a video highlighting the success of the sandwich, showing the “sold out” signs on restaurant doors across the country.
In a shocking turn of events, Popeyes said it is temporarily suspending production of the sandwich until further notice.
Did the chicken restaurant really sell out of chicken sandwiches? Or is it a strategy to get people to download their app? The video says if you would like to be notified when the sandwich returns to your area, you can download the Popeyes mobile app.
- Vols’ John Fulkerson surprises 5-year-old fan for his birthday
- Skies stay partly cloudy overnight into Tuesday with scattered afternoon and early evening showers and thunderstorms
- Sheriff Cassidy endorses Timothy Hill for Congress
- Convention countdown: How coronavirus is impacting preps for RNC in Florida, DNC in Wisconsin
- Death of Atlantic Coast Pipeline marks ‘end of the fossil fuel era,’ advocates say