Customers will be asked to use exact change.
If that isn’t possible, customers will then be asked to round up in support of Kroger’s Zero Hunger Zero Waste initiative — or have that coin change applied to a customer’s loyalty card.
The shortage is caused, in part, by the mass closings of US businesses or changes in business operations due to the coronavirus pandemic, resulting in fewer coins reaching the public.
At the same time, the U.S. Mint limited the production of new coins to keep employees safe.
- HMG Health Matters: Preparing athletes for Fall sports
- Second stimulus checks: Why another $1,200 payment could be off the table
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Josephine forms, earliest ‘J’ storm on record in Atlantic
- Trump to appoint Gov. Lee to Council of Governors
- Washington County, Va. BOE votes to start school year August 24 with fully virtual instruction