TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – KFC has avoided the chicken sandwich war currently going on between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A, but it’s latest menu item could be a rival.
KFC will debut the mac and cheese bowl featuring fried popcorn chicken.
The loaded bowls will be added to the chain’s $5 fill-up menu Aug. 26.
For those who live on the wild side, there’s a Nashville hot chicken version as well.
While mac and cheese is nothing new for KFC, this version comes just weeks after Chick-fil-A added its own version of the popular side to menus.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Officials: Google search for NC schools include explicit images
- ETSU Focused on Small Details for Mercer Showdown
- Storm Team 11 Forecast: Rain to snow with light accumulations by morning
- How do school leaders decide whether to stay open, cancel or delay class?
- Lady Vols defeat No. 15 Notre Dame 74-63