TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – KFC has avoided the chicken sandwich war currently going on between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A, but it’s latest menu item could be a rival.
KFC will debut the mac and cheese bowl featuring fried popcorn chicken.
The loaded bowls will be added to the chain’s $5 fill-up menu Aug. 26.
For those who live on the wild side, there’s a Nashville hot chicken version as well.
While mac and cheese is nothing new for KFC, this version comes just weeks after Chick-fil-A added its own version of the popular side to menus.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Roe defends Gov. Lee’s COVID-19 response, blames politics for stimulus holdup
- Demolition starts at site for Johnson City Publix
- Protesters leave Tennessee Capitol area after bill affecting them passes
- Back to school: Dept. of Defense outlines plan for military schools to reopen
- Johnson County BOE announces high school football plans