(CNN) – John Cena is doing some method acting with his bank account.
The wrestler-turned-actor says he will donate half a million dollars to the people fighting the wildfires in California.
Cena plays a firefighter in an upcoming comedy film called “Playing With Fire.”
He is asking Paramount – which produced the film – to select a charity that aids first responders.
Multiple wildfires are raging in both Northern and Southern California.
The Kincade Fire in Sonoma County has forced nearly 200,000 people from their homes.
Close to one million California residents have had their power service interrupted because of the fires.
Latest News Headlines:
- Golf Acres neighborhood holds 41st annual ‘Lights for Jesus’
- The Skid Continues for ETSU WBB, Dropping its Third-Straight
- Kingsport live nativity scene draws hundreds downtown
- Storm Team 11: Big warm up Monday with a flood threat near the Cumberland Plateau, Most rain holds off until Monday night elsewhere
- Chuy Bravo, sidekick of Chelsea Handler, dies suddenly at 63