BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The overwhelming majority of people across the U.S. plan to roast a turkey this Thanksgiving holiday.
Southerners however, will turn to the tradition of deep-frying their bird while only a select number of states plan to smoke their meat, according to a report from SeriouslySmoked.com.
The collected information revealed 29 states plan to roast their turkey, while 16 will turn to deep-frying and five states will enjoy a smoked bird this holiday.
The meat experts at Seriously Smoked used geotagged Twitter data to track tweets and hashtags about how people plan to cook their turkeys this year.
Since Nov. 1, more than 80,000 tweets have been tracked either with hashtags such as #roastturkey or phrases and keywords like “smoked turkey recipe.”
Other methods, like “grilled turkey,” did not win out in any states.
- School leaders say impact from special session on education will be felt for years to come
- General Assembly concludes special session with new education bills
- National firm reveals stats from COVID-19 survey among 768 Tri-Cities residents
- 1 killed after Las Vegas-based bus rolls over near Grand Canyon, 44 transported to medical center
- Clear and cold overnight with plenty of sunshine for Saturday