RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — It’s National Teacher Appreciation Week! This week aims to raise awareness on just how important teachers are.
To celebrate, several businesses are giving teachers freebies and discounts. Some offers vary by location, so remember to call ahead to confirm.
National Teacher Appreciation Week deals:
- Applebee’s: Some locations are offering school staff 30% off their meals this week, as well as a VIP Teacher Appreciation Card, good for 20% off their food at Applebee’s for a full year. You must show valid proof of employment.
- Arby’s: Some locations are giving staff with ID a free sandwich on Tuesday.
- Chick-fil-A: Teachers, educators and administrators can get a free Chick-fil-A sandwich on Tuesday, May 7, between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m. at participating locations. School ID is required.
- Chipotle: With a valid school ID, you can get a buy-one-get-one-free offer from 3 p.m. to close on Tuesday, May 7.
- Cicis: With a valid ID and a coupon, you can get a free adult buffet on Tuesday, May 7.
- Crayola: Crayola is offering 15% off their entire website at crayola.com from 10 a.m. May 6 through 10 a.m. on May 13. Use promo code THANKYOU. Discount Contact Lenses: Teachers can get 15% off their contact lens orders at DiscountContactLenses.com with discount code HEARTTEACHERS from May 6-10.
- McAlister’s Deli: Teachers can get a free sweet tea all week with a valid school ID.
- McDonald’s: Some locations will offer a free chicken McNuggets meal to teachers with a valid ID.
- Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers: From 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, teachers and faculty get one free Box Combo when they present current school IDs.
- Sonic Drive-In: From Tuesday, May 7 to May 31, all teachers can get a free Route 44 drink or slush with purchase when you order on the app with promo code TEACHERS.
- Apple: Special education pricing on computers and other products for students and educators.
- Barnes and Noble: 20-25 percent off publisher’s list price on all purchases for classroom use.
- Banana Republic: 15 percent off full-priced in-store purchases with valid student or teacher ID.
- J. Crew: 15 percent off online purchases for teachers and students.
- West Elm: 15 percent off your next purchase when you sign up with an .edu email address.