SURGOINSVILLE (WATE) – A woman was sent to the hospital for evaluation Sunday night following a water rescue in Surgoinsville.
The Hawkins County Rescue squad says they responded to assist The Church Hill Rescue Squad with reports of a person in the Holston River.
Emergency crews helped one person who had been in the water for some time, along with one kayaker who was assisting the individual.
The woman in the water was sent to the hospital for evaluation.
- Nashville aiming to land MLB team within the next five years
- A-Town, Sullivan North, Elizabethton all chalk up ETHSBL victories
- Ballad Health seeing increase in COVID-19 patient hospitalizations
- Local man shares experience of reported bear attack
- Polls from Senate campaigns arrive at different results