JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) – A military veteran with no known relatives was laid to rest Tuesday at the Mountain Home National Cemetery.
Larry Downing of Johnson City, a Vietnam War veteran, died on June 4.
Tuesday, dozens showed up to pay their respects, including the Dog Tag Brigade, Patriot Guard, Rolling Thunder, and Vietnam Veterans of America.
“No vet deserves to die alone or be alone at his funeral,” said Bob Philips, Rolling Thunder Chapter 4 Chairman. “And as long as I am alive and I’m in Chapter 4 of Johnson City, Tennessee Rolling Thunder, I will and members will represent any vet and all vets.”
Downing was 70-years-old.
- Daytime spotlights downtown Elizabethton
- Meghan McCain gives birth to first child, gives her patriotic name
- Assistant Superintendent: 3 Head Start staff members at Scott Co. school test positive for COVID-19
- Helping teachers get the materials they need for the classroom through “Limeades for Learning”
- ETSU Coaches Conversation: Men’s Soccer Head Coach David Casper