CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) – Officials with the United State Department of Agriculture are proposing a fee increase for popular recreation spots in Carter County.
According to a letter sent to Carter County Mayor Rusty Barnett, USDA officials said these fee increases will help them maintain sites and trails.
The fee recommendations must be approved by the regional forester.
The proposed fee increases are listed below:
- Little Milligan and Rat Branch boat launches- $5/vehicle, free launch with Forest annual pass.
- Shook Branch Recreation Area- $5/vehicle, free use with Forest annual pass.
- Cardens Bluff Campground- $20/night
- Dennis Cove Campground- $15/night
- Forest-issued annual pass- $50/year
Cherokee National Forest officials are accepting public comment until June 3. Contact Jesse English at (423) 476-9748 or email at: email@example.com