JOHNSON CITY, TN (WJHL) — Rain continues to move across the region and portions of the WJHL viewing area are under flood watch status until this afternoon.
Additional rainfall accumulations of 1/2 inch are expected between now and Sunday morning.
TDOT will continue monitoring routes for flooding and any potential concerns including rockslides and landslides.
Here is the latest list of current locations impacted across the region:
• Rock slide on Interstate 40 in NC near MM 7. Message boards are in place, with full scale detour directing traffic to I-81N and I-26E to Asheville. No further changes are expected until NCDOT assesses the slope in question at daybreak. Operations crews will monitor closures and maintain routes throughout the night.
• SR66 (Hawkins), 1 lane configuration at a new location.
• SR340 (Greene), 1 lane configuration.
• SR70 (Hawkins), closed to traffic at LM 15.5. Emergency contract to let this coming week.
• SR340 (Greene), at SR349 is being monitored for cracking.