SURVEY: Johnson City asks public to weigh in on e-scooters, e-bikes

Local
1016373840_1559227062320

LOS ANGELES, CA – AUGUST 13: People ride shared dockless electric scooters along Venice Beach on August 13, 2018 in Los Angeles, California. Shared e-scooter startups Bird and Lime have rapidly expanded in the city. Some city residents complain the controversial e-scooters are dangerous for pedestrians and sometimes clog sidewalks. A Los Angeles Councilmember has […]

JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — The city of Johnson City wants to know if you would use e-bikes and e-scooters if they were available.

The city released a survey Thursday to the public via Facebook to gauge how frequently people would use these methods of transportation and what they would use them for.

The seven-question survey also allows people to voice any concerns they may have surrounding the e-scooters and e-bikes. 

The city had previously posted a social media poll, asking people if they were in favor of adding e-scooters and e-bikes to the area.

PREVIOUS STORY HEREJohnson City looking into e-scooters and e-bikes in the city

In that poll, 64% of participants said they wanted the new transportation, while the remaining 36% were against adding them to the area.

Nashville and Knoxville have implemented similar programs, but Johnson City Mayor Jenny Brock has previously stated that her primary concern is the safety of riders and civilians if the methods of transportation are added.

To take the survey, click here.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss