JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — The new month brought hundreds of new graduates Saturday morning as Milligan University awarded over 250 degrees to its May 2021 graduates.
Degrees included the following:
- 30 Bachelor of Arts degrees
- 108 Bachelor of Science degrees
- 18 Bachelor of Science in Nursing degrees
- 7 Bachelor of Social Work degrees
- 1 Master of Arts in Humanities degree
- 15 Master of Business Administration degrees
- 7 Master of Education degrees
- 2 Master of Science in Counseling degrees
- 1 Master of Science in Information Systems degree
- 25 Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies degrees
- 3 Master of Arts in Religion degrees
- 10 Master of Arts in Christian Ministries degrees
- 17 Master of Divinity degrees
- 3 Doctor of Ministry degrees
- 6 Doctor of Education degrees
Graduates were granted the opportunity to walk the stage in Saturday morning’s ceremony at the TVA Credit Union Ballpark, where masks were required for all attendees to follow Milligan’s safety protocols.
We are extremely proud of our graduates and look forward to recognizing their successes with classmates and their families. After such a challenging year, the accomplishments of our graduates are definitely worth celebrating. Our COVID-19 safety protocols created a unique experience for the Class of 2021. Those protocols will continue to be followed at this event, which will be Milligan’s first commencement to be held on a baseball fieldMilligan President Dr. Bill Greer
One graduate recapped on the struggles experienced as a student throughout the pandemic.
“College is hard anyway; you go through a lot of hardships — especially with a pandemic,” Student Government President Dalton Shell said. “Our students have gone through more than anybody could have ever imagined when we started back in the fall of 2017.
“So, I think everybody’s just thrilled — just joyous that we can come together for one last time.”
From all of us at News Channel 11, a big congratulations to Milligan’s Class of 2021!