JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL)- As the weather warms up, Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency officers are reminding people that bear sightings will increase.
As you prepare to fire up the grill and spend more time outdoors, TWRA officials have some go-to safety tips to prevent bears from snooping around your home.
1. Do not leave any food outside
2. Bird feeders should be removed when bears are active after hibernation
3. Never leave food or try to feed wild animals
4. Make sure you don’t leave any leftovers in your vehicle overnight
5. Clean up your grill as even grease can attract bears
For more bear safety tips you can visit: https://bearwise.org/