PINEY FLATS, Tenn. (WJHL) – Firefighters responded to a late-night barn fire near Boone Lake on July 4.
According to Lieutenant Rich Thomas of the Johnson City Fire Department, crews were called to the fire in the 400 block of Range Road around 10:16 p.m.
The barn was located near the Johnson City limits but occurred in Sullivan County. Thomas said JCFD assisted, and the Piney Flats Volunteer Fire Department was the lead agency.
Thomas said no one was injured during the course of the fire. Some goats were killed in the barn fire, according to Thomas.
Crews cleared the scene around 11:30 p.m.
According to the Piney Flats Volunteer Fire Department, the barn was destroyed.
Captain Andy Seabolt of the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office told News Channel 11 that fireworks were in use when the barn caught fire.
“The report on the fire states that the property owners were using fireworks when their barn caught on fire. Our investigators will review the report and follow up if needed,” Seabolt stated in an email to News Channel 11.