ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. (WJHL)- An initial report released by the Federal Aviation Administration revealed more about a plane crash involving Dale Earnhardt Jr. and his family.
The description in that FAA report reads, “Aircraft experienced hard landing, bounced, departed runway, and caught fire.”
NTSB officials arrived in Elizabethton Friday morning to investigate the crash.
Stay with News Channel 11 as we continue to follow this developing story.
- Video show Earnhardt family fleeing fiery plane crash in Elizabethton
- Josh Smith’s one-on-one interview with Carter Co. Sheriff following Earnhardt Jr. plane crash
- Elizabethton Police Chief Jason Shaw says State Route 91 will likely remain closed until 7 p.m. Friday following today’s plane crash.
- NTSB in Elizabethton investigating plane crash involving Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. released from hospital after fiery plane crash