JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL)- Six men and women are now second lieutenants in the United States Army after a commissioning ceremony Friday morning.
The following six men and women will also graduate from East Tennessee State University on Saturday, May 4.
- Matthew Douglas Carson- (Ashe County, North Carolina) He will commission as a second lieutenant in the Armor branch. Upon completion of the Armor Officer Basic Course, Carson will be assigned to the 278th Armored Cavalry Squadron based in Mt. Carmel.
- Eric Arthur Colen Jr.-(Chattanooga, TN) Colen Jr. will commission as a second lieutenant in the Infantry. He will attend the Infantry Officer Basic Course at Fort Benning, Georgia.
- Hayden Lewis- (Bristol, Tennessee) Lewis will receive his commission as a second lieutenant in the Armor branch.
- Caitlin Dakota Richmond- (Bristol, Tennessee) Richmond will commission as a second lieutenant in the Medical Services and be stationed at Schofield Barracks in Hawaii.
- William Samuel Cole Tester- (Kansas City, Kansas) He will serve at ETSU as a gold bar recruiter until he attends the Infantry Officer Basic Course at Fort Benning, Georgia, and will be stationed in Germany.
- Shane Adam Willis- (Bristol, Tennessee) Willis will be stationed at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, for his Basic Officers Leaders Course.
“I hope they go off into the Army and it’s everything that they expected of it and everything that we could show them and teach them about leadership will be on display as they go off and lead our soldiers potentially into combat,” Lieutenant Colonel Shawn Dodge of the ETSU ROTC program said.
Friday’s commissioning ceremony took place at Antioch Baptist Church.