TRI-CITIES (WJHL)- The following are a list of Easter events happening across the Tri-Cities region starting April 13. Have an event you don’t see on the list? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- –Old Fashioned Easter: 1-3p.m. at Bogart Bowman Cabin in Unicoi, TN. This event includes an Easter egg hunt, visits from the Easter bunny and games! For more information contact the Unicoi History Group at 423-735-0517
- Fossil Egg Hunt: 9:30 a.m. until noon at the Hands On! Discovery Center in Gray. “Join us for some egg-cellent fossil fun with themed experiments, crafts, a prehistoric putting course, and egg hunting in a prehistoric forest.” The event is FREE for Hands On! Members and FREE with paid general admission.
- Bunny Trail Easter Egg Hunt: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Covered Bridge Park in Elizabethton.
- Bass Pro Shops Easter egg hunt: 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. (Registration begins at 1:30 p.m. at store’s main entrance and hunt starts promptly at 2 p.m.) at Bass Pro Shops at the Pinnacle in Bristol, Tenn.
- Egg and Spoon Relay: 4p. m. at David Crockett Birthplace State Park. ‘This will be a team relay for two people where an egg will be balanced on a spoon around the course. The winning team will receive a prize. Entry is $2.00 per team and a limit to 15 teams. Please register online for this event. Event will last 20 minutes and will meet at the Homestead Parking lot.”
- Cornerstone Summit Church Easter egg hunt: Happening in Boone, North Carolina at 5p.m. at Cornerstone Summit Church. This will be a glow-in-the-dark easter egg hunt. Over 2,000 eggs are being prepared for this hunt and every child will also receive a glow necklace or bracelet upon entering. There is no charge for this event and is open to the public.
- AdaptoPlay Easter egg hunt for children with disabilities: 10 a.m. Founders Park at 225 Commerce Street. “, AdaptoPlay will host its first-ever Easter egg hunt for children with disabilities, providing them with adaptive tools and toys so that these children can participate in the festivities. The AdaptoPlay egg hunt will be held concurrently with the annual Easter egg hunt hosted by Munsey Memorial United Methodist Church at Founders Park, 225 Commerce St. in downtown Johnson City, with a separate area designated for the children using the adaptive tools. There will be non-edible prizes for children with disabilities.”
- Natural Tunnel State Park annual egg hunt: 2 p.m. at the park. “Do not forget an Easter Basket or bag to collect eggs. For more information call the park office at (276) 940-2674. Meet at the Picnic Area. Free event.”
- BunnyHop 5K– Johnson City’s BunnyHop 5K starts at 8:30 a.m. at Founders Park in Johnson City. ” The event is powered by the Blue Plum Organization and will be followed by a Community Easter Egg Hunt, also at Founders Park, sponsored by Munsey Memorial United Methodist Church at 10:30 a.m. The 5K event includes the run, a kids’ dash immediately following the race as well as health and wellness activities. Underground Fitness will lead warm-up activities prior to the race beginning at 8 a.m.”
- Stoney Creek Bunny Hop *(5k run/walk): The course will start and finish at New Liberty Free Will Baptist Church- all proceeds will go to the Stoney Creek Volunteer Fire Department.