JOHNSON CITY (WJHL) — The Johnson City Fire Department is looking for people who want to join them in serving the city. They are currently accepting registrations for the firefighter exam. The exam is the first step in the department’s hiring process.
“The opportunity to save lives in your community is an extreme honor, and we are looking for dedicated men and women who are ready to take on the responsibility that comes with that,” said Fire Chief Mark Scott.
The city of Johnson City offers group health insurance, paid group life insurance, 10 paid holidays per year, and tuition reimbursement among other benefits.
In order to register you must:
- be 21 years old by October 18th
- be a high school graduate or have a GED
- be physically capable to perform the duties of a firefighter
- not have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor
To register, present the following to the Human Resources Department, 601 E. Main Street, Johnson City, TN 37601:
- $18 non-refundable examination fee;
- City of Johnson City Application for Employment;
- Release & Waiver Form (print from johnsoncitytn.org);
Copies of the following (Copies will not be made for applicants)
- Birth Certificate;
- High School Diploma/GED or Transcript with Graduation Date;
- Drivers’ License;
- Social Security Card;
- College/University Diploma (if applicable);
- Certification from TN State Fire School (if applicable);
- DD-214 for Veterans Credit (if applicable).
When registering, a test date and time for the firefighter exam and physical agility will be scheduled. For more information, please call (423)434-6020.
Copyright WJHL 2016. All rights reserved.