ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (WFLA) — A freight train derailed in Dupo, Illinois Tuesday causing train cars to engulf in flames and nearby homes to evacuate.
Calls on the derailment came in to the St. Clair Emergency Management around 12:30 p.m., KSDK reported.
The train is a Union Pacific train, but officials don’t yet know what the train was carrying.
There have been no reported injuries, but a several dozen homes in the nearby area were evacuated.
- Storm Team 11: Mountain snow continues, showers elsewhere tonight
- Planters pauses Mr. Peanut Super Bowl promotion following Kobe Bryant’s death
- Washington Co. Commission to discuss declaring support for Second Amendment
- Johnson City Which Wich employees say they received no notice when restaurant closed days before Christmas
- Route 615 in Buchanan County to be closed for six months