Erin Andrews’ father says secretly-recorded video changed daughter’s life

ERin Andrews_112462

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – The third day of the Erin Andrews trail continued in Nashville on Wednesday with the sportscaster’s father testifying.

Before her father Steve Andrews took the stand Wednesday morning, Andrews was seen crying in the courtroom. She continued to wipe away tears as her dad spoke about her childhood in Tampa, Florida.

The 37-year-old’s father says he and his daughter are best friends and they speak at least once a day.

During his testimony he spoke on how the secretly recorded video changed his daughter’s life.

He stated that Erin is not the “fun person she was,” adding that she is mad, terrified, depressed and full of anxiety.

“She is afraid of crowds and people. Now she doesn’t trust anymore,” he testified.

Erin Andrews began crying again as her father talked about her concern of being fired after the video of her was uploaded to the Internet.

Steve Andrews, an investigative news reporter, said he went into “reporter mode” and told Erin to call ESPN and see if they would help her.

He went on to say that ESPN told her to hire a lawyer before reportedly hanging up on her. They eventually told her to do an interview about the video.

Andrews stated Erin chose to do the interview with Oprah because she was also the victim of a sexual crime and Erin felt like the media mogul could identify with her.

While talking about his daughter’s safety, Andrews began crying while on the stand.

He testified he was worried a stalker was going to kill Erin since it was unknown who took the video of her in her hotel room.

He stated that after the video was posted online for the world to see, Erin became scared to change clothes because she didn’t know if she was still being watched.

“She was victimized, traumatized and horrified,” he said. “I don’t know if you could do anything worse to this person.”

Andrews said Erin vomited after the Federal Bureau of Investigation made her watch the video frame by frame.

During his testimony, it was also revealed that Erin’s stylist is credited for discovering the video was taken in Nashville while the sports reporter was covering a game at Vanderbilt.

The stylist is said to have recognized a pair of dress pants she wore.

Erin’s father said she learned the night before she was set to return on-air that Michael Barrett had been arrested.

“I thought if this guy would have been a killer, she would’ve been dead,” he said.

It was previously revealed in court on Tuesday by Erin Andrew’s attorney that Barrett called the hotel his client was staying at on Sept. 4, 2008 and specifically requested to reserve a room next to hers.

Barret was ultimately sentenced to 2 ½ years in prison.

Erin Andrews is asking for $75 million in damages.*DISCLAIMER: Steve Andrews is an investigative reporter at WFLA, a station owned by Media General, WKRN’s parent company.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss