(WATE) — The Consumer Product Safety Commission is warning people to stop using a specific kind of bassinet.
The Sumr Brands (formerly Summer Infant) “SwaddleMe By Your Bed Sleeper” is a product, the CPSC says, that puts infants at risk of suffocation.
However, they’re not aware of any incidents or deaths.
Officials with the sleeper’s maker, Sumr Brands, say the bassinet hasn’t been produced in more than a year and is no longer being sold at major retailers.
It’s also important to note that the “SwaddleMe By Your Bed Sleeper” is not currently on recall by the CPSC.
Sumr Brands saying it has significant design differences from other inclined sleepers.
- Man who caused Mountain Empire Community College lockdown in 2019 sentenced to 7 years
- JCPD: Man arrested after found with gun, meth while intoxicated in JCMC parking lot
- Educator of the Week: Julie Vermillion
- Daily Pledge: Hunter Elementary – Kelly Merritt’s 2nd-Grade Class
- Virginia lawmakers pass bill ending Lee-Jackson holiday