MONROE, La. — A baby bear has been spotted in North Monroe and officials are asking residents to not engage with the bear.
According to a Tweet from the City of Monroe, the bear was spotted in the Valencia & Edgewood Streets area of north Monroe on Friday morning.
The Monroe Police Department and State Wildlife & Fisheries are working to capture the bear.
Officials are asking residents to not try to engage or capture the bear.
Footage sent in by a viewer, shown above, shows the bear cub come within a few feet of a local child on Friday morning. It appears that both the bear cub and the child spooked each other, causing the cub to flee the scene.
- Don’t forget your mask: Cities, states and beaches where face-coverings are required
- Officers get down and dirty to save deaf and blind dog from sewer
- Watch fireworks online: How to enjoy 4th of July amid coronavirus pandemic
- You Ask, 6 Answers: Is Knox County’s mask mandate legal?
- Redskins undergoing ‘thorough review’ of team name