BRISTOL, Tenn. (WJHL) – Bristol, Tennessee officials have released the schedule for the annual Wildlife Weekend at Steele Creek Park.
The events are scheduled for October 11 and 12 and feature a photo contest and educational programs.
The weekend begins with a reception and announcement of the photo contest winners at 6:30 p.m. Friday. At 7:30 that evening, Dr. Joe Bidwell from ETSU will present a program about “The Ecology and Importance of Wetlands.”
The events continue on Saturday, October 12, with events starting at 9 a.m.
- 9 a.m. – Early Bird Walk to the Banding Station with Larry McDaniel
- 9:30 a.m. – Bird Banding with Richard Lewis and Rack Cross
- 10:30 a.m. – Rooster Front Wetland Walk with Dr. Joe Bidwell and Dr. Tom Laughlin
- Noon – Creepy Crawlies: Arthropods for All Ages with Cade Campbell
- 1 p.m. – Reptiles with Lance Jessee
- 2 p.m. – Honey Bee Hike with Jeremy Stout
- 3 p.m. – Bluebird Box Walk with Adrianna Nelson
Exhibit and activities will also be held in the park’s Nature Center from noon until 4 p.m. According to the release, these programs will focus on fossils, bugs, nature crafts and more.