GREENE COUNTY, TN (WJHL) – An attorney for a company being sued after children fell from a Ferris wheel at the Greene County Fair last year has filed defenses with the court alleging one of the children rocked a ride gondola and caused the accident.
The attorney for Family Attractions Amusement and other defendants filed responses in the three suits that stemmed from the August 2016 incident where three children fell more than thirty feet from a Ferris wheel at the Greene County Fair. The children were injured.
Among the defenses submitted in federal court by the attorney for Family Attractions Amusement was one that places the blame on one of the children “… who was guilty of negligence in standing up and rocking the basket/gondola.” The document alleges the child’s actions “… were the sole legal cause of the accident and any resulting injuries.”
The defendants seek a dismissal of all the suits.See also: Greene County Fair rides open one year after Ferris wheel accident
- Lawsuit filed on behalf of minor injured in Ferris wheel fall at 2016 Greene Co. Fair
- Family of girls injured in Greene County Ferris wheel accident file lawsuit
- CPSC report provides first close-up look at gondola involved in Greene County Ferris wheel incident
- Report: Last girl hurt in Ferris wheel fall out of hospital
- 6-year-old injured in Ferris wheel fall at Greene Co. Fair released from hospital
- Mom of girls injured in Ferris wheel accident: There is no healing from this until ‘Briley is back to Briley’
- ABC News Exclusive: Family of girls injured in near-death Ferris wheel accident recounts ‘scary’; moment