LEE COUNTY, Va. (WJHL) - Virginia State Police are asking for the public's help solving a fatal hit-and-run investigation.
According to VSP, the crash happened Tuesday night in the Woodway community.
State troopers say a motorcycle was traveling along Route 368 when it was struck by another vehicle. The motorcycle then went off the road and struck a utility pole.
VSP says the person on the motorcycle, 32-year-old Gary L. Tabor of Pennington Gap, was flown to Holston Valley Medical Center but died the next day.
The vehicle that struck the motorcycle fled the scene.
State troopers believe the vehicle is blue in color and may have damage on its front end. The hood may also have damage.
Anyone with information related to the incident is asked to call Virginia State Police at 276-228-3131.
- Bristol police officer honored at BMS night race
- Kurt Busch wins the Night Race at Bristol
- Police: Man arrested after hitting glass door while trying to flee
- Storm Team 11 Forecast: Foggy Start With Scattered Showers & Storms Possible Today
- 2018 Play of the Week: WEEK ONE
- Boil water alert issued for Russell County, VA
- Kingsport Police investigating possible shooting
- Softball team honored by community after returning from Little League World Series
- Local girl returns to the Tri-Cities after 6 months of chemo
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A man is facing charges after he tried to pass a counterfeit bill then ran into a glass door while trying to flee, according to police.Read More »
For the second week in a row, the ETSU football team held a Saturday night scrimmage under the lights inside William B. Greene, Jr. Stadium as part of its 2018 fall camp.Read More »
Friends and family gathered at the Carver Rec Center on Saturday for a big surprise sendoff for former ETSU basektball star, Tianna Tarter, who will be playing professional basketball overseas this year.Read More »