The Northeast Correctional Facility in Mountain City is still under lockdown.
Robert Reburn, Tennessee Department of Corrections East Tennessee PIO, confirmed to News Channel 11 Tuesday that the facility is still under lockdown.
Reburn added that the investigation is still underway and that information will be released once findings are finalized.
TDOC believes the incident, where an inmate injured an officer, to be isolated.
An incident did take place back in 2015 when WJHL reported that a counselor was assaulted.
Stay up to date with WJHL.com for more information.
- Lee County Schools files lawsuit against state for rejecting plan to arm teachers
- Sullivan County BOE meets with an attorney during a special called meeting
- Charge upgraded against woman accused of putting baby in freezer
- JCPD conducting school bus stop checks
- Scott County, VA mother sentenced for abuse that permanently blinded baby
- RECALL ALERT: FDA issues several recalls for dry dog food
- Day 2: Suspect's grandfather takes the stand at Sullivan County triple murder trial
- AAA: Gas prices rise slightly; Johnson City among highest in state
- Storm Team 11 Forecast: Variable cloudy skies and cold overnight
Tennessee last won 11 straight in the 2007-08 season.Read More »
The current plan by the Sullivan County School Board is to use money from their fund balance for the sewer line from the school to Bristol's wastewater treatment.Read More »
Passing clouds and cold overnightRead More »
Steve Johnson, the developer of The Pinnacle retail development in Bristol, Tennessee is prepared to develop his property near Interstate 81's Exit 1 in Washington County, Virginia.Read More »