WASHINGTON COUNTY, TN (WJHL)- A man was arrested Sunday evening after barricading himself inside a Jonesborough home for 'an extensive period of time'.
According to the Washington County Sheriff's Office, deputies received a call just after 2:30 Sunday afternoon related to a domestic situation on Old Turnpike Road in Jonesborough.
When deputies got to the home they found the victim, and a witness on the front porch and were able to move them to a safe location.
However the suspect, identified by authorities as 48-year-old Michael Curtis, had barricaded himself inside the home with several firearms.
Deputies tried to get Curtis to communicate and come out of the home, but he refused to do so.
Hours later around 5:30p.m. the Washington County Sheriff's Office SWAT Team and a hostage negotiator were called to the home.
Curtis finally came out of the home and was arrested.
He now faces multiple charges including Aggravated Assault, Domestic and Evading Arrest.
Curtis's bond was set at $20,000 and he's due in court Monday afternoon.
- Lee County Schools files lawsuit against state for rejecting plan to arm teachers
- Sullivan County BOE meets with an attorney during a special called meeting
- Charge upgraded against woman accused of putting baby in freezer
- JCPD conducting school bus stop checks
- Scott County, VA mother sentenced for abuse that permanently blinded baby
- RECALL ALERT: FDA issues several recalls for dry dog food
- Day 2: Suspect's grandfather takes the stand at Sullivan County triple murder trial
- AAA: Gas prices rise slightly; Johnson City among highest in state
- Storm Team 11 Forecast: Variable cloudy skies and cold overnight
Tennessee last won 11 straight in the 2007-08 season.Read More »
The current plan by the Sullivan County School Board is to use money from their fund balance for the sewer line from the school to Bristol's wastewater treatment.Read More »
Passing clouds and cold overnightRead More »
Steve Johnson, the developer of The Pinnacle retail development in Bristol, Tennessee is prepared to develop his property near Interstate 81's Exit 1 in Washington County, Virginia.Read More »