SULLIVAN COUNTY, TN (WJHL) - The chief of the Sullivan County Volunteer Fire Department requested to step down Tuesday afternoon. That is according to the fire department's Facebook page.
They said Chief Bruce Wilson also requested to be placed on inactive status. Both requests were approved by the board of directors.
According to the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office, Wilson was charged with DUI on October 12th. Wilson bonded out of jail later that day.
The fire department said Chief J. Kemp will be acting chief until further notice.
- Lee County Schools files lawsuit against state for rejecting plan to arm teachers
- Sullivan County BOE meets with an attorney during a special called meeting
- Charge upgraded against woman accused of putting baby in freezer
- JCPD conducting school bus stop checks
- Scott County, VA mother sentenced for abuse that permanently blinded baby
- RECALL ALERT: FDA issues several recalls for dry dog food
- Day 2: Suspect's grandfather takes the stand at Sullivan County triple murder trial
- AAA: Gas prices rise slightly; Johnson City among highest in state
- Storm Team 11 Forecast: Variable cloudy skies and cold overnight
Tennessee last won 11 straight in the 2007-08 season.Read More »
The current plan by the Sullivan County School Board is to use money from their fund balance for the sewer line from the school to Bristol's wastewater treatment.Read More »
Passing clouds and cold overnightRead More »
Steve Johnson, the developer of The Pinnacle retail development in Bristol, Tennessee is prepared to develop his property near Interstate 81's Exit 1 in Washington County, Virginia.Read More »