KINGSPORT, Tenn. (WJHL) - The Kingsport Police Department is investigating a fatal crash in the Lynn Garden community.
The crash happened around 10:45 p.m. Friday on Lynn Garden Drive at Truxton Drive.
Kingsport Police say a Ford F-150 driven by Michael Marcum pulled in front of a Honda Civic driven by Betty Davis.
Davis and a passenger, identified as Phyllis J. Long, 75 of Kingsport, were taken to a hospital with serious injuries. Police say Long died after arriving at the hospital.
Marcum was uninjured.
Police say the crash happened because he failed to yield to the Honda.
Charges are pending, according to KPD. The investigation is ongoing.
- 12 hours of deliberation, still no verdict in Sullivan County triple murder trial
- Downtown Kingsport to host 2019 TriPride festival
- Governor Northam weighs in on hot-button issues impacting Southwest Virginia
- FBI asking for help identifying Abingdon bank robber
- #TDOTHOTTIE: The story behind the face that women are crazy for
- Virginia vehicle inspection stickers get makeover for 2019
- Woman accused of hitting boy at bus stop waives right to preliminary hearing
- Kingsport housing officials break ground on multi-million dollar renovation project
- Holston Army Ammunition restarts production after explosion
Toppers fall two games behind in the Big 7 conferenceRead More »
Four cadets in the ETSU Army ROTC program graduated from the Air Assault School at Fort Campbell in Kentucky on Tuesday.Read More »
Virginia Governor Ralph Northam weighed in on a number of hot-button legislative issues impacting Southwest Virginia during a visit to Abingdon Tuesday.Read More »
Virginia car owners may notice some changes to the state's vehicle inspection stickers.Read More »
A $2 million grant that may help spur economic growth is on its way to Washington County.Read More »