JOHNSON CITY, Tenn (WJHL) – Ballad Health is looking for retired personnel to return due to the workload increase and shortages caused by the resurgence of Covid-19.
Ballad states on their website that they are looking for retired RNs, LPNs and respiratory therapists to help with non-bedside duties such as discharge planning and care support.
A spokesperson for Ballad says so far they have brought 10 former workers back into the workforce.
The move comes after Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee signed an executive order that allowed for retired and former hospital workers to be recertified quickly in response to Covid-19.
Ballad is looking to fill positions at the following locations:
- Ballad Health corporate transfer center
- Bristol Regional Medical Center
- Franklin Woods Community Hospital
- Greeneville Community Hospital
- Holston Valley Medical Center
- Johnson City Medical Center
- Johnston Memorail Hospital