JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL)- Officials with Ballad Health said remote testing sites listed on the Tennessee state website are now open for those people that have been pre-screened.
The state’s website lists the locations as “Remote Assessment Sites” and includes several in the Tri-Cities region.
Ballad Health’s Director for Infection Prevention, Jamie Swift, was in studio Tuesday during our “Monitoring the Coronavirus: Ask the Experts” live Q&A.
“Ballad Health actually has over 20 sites that are stood up for testing, 12 of those are stood up to where they are drive up so you literally don’t get out of your car. The key for people to understand is that regardless is if it’s through Ballad Health or it is through the ETSU testing site that is stood up that you need to call ahead.” Swift added, “It is really important that people call ahead, call our hotline number to be screened.”
Referrals will be given to those with symptoms or connections to international travel.
“We’ll talk through the process, the criteria that are required for testing,” said Swift. “If you meet the indications for testing then, we’ll work to refer you to the most appropriate site that’s the most convenient for you.”
In Tuesday’s press conference- Governor Bill Lee said Tennessee will have plenty of tests, party possible due to remote and drive up testing.
“We can test thousands of people a day and we don’t have thousands of people presenting to be tested. Between our partnerships with our private providers and ourselves we do in fact have that,” said Gov. Lee.
Some- like the one ETSU set up Tuesday in Johnson City will allow people to stay in their car.
“The tests will be done in your car. It’s really a simple nose swab,” said Swift.
Once the test is complete Swift says you should self-isolate while the results are pending…and that could take three to four days.
Below is the information for the Ballad Health Hotline.
- Please call 833-822-5523 to be screened if you are concerned you may be ill with COVID-19. This Ballad Health Nurse Connect line is active 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The governor’s office issued the following announcement about the COVID-19 testing sites in an e-mail Tuesday evening, “Remote assessment sites for COVID-19 are quickly becoming available through the help of private providers. Remote assessment sites, casually referred to as “drive through testing” allow Tennesseans to safely pursue COVID-19 testing without creating unnecessary risks in traditional clinical settings. The updated list of remote assessment sites is available here. ”
Because of the partnership with private partners, Gov. Lee said: “3-4 days from now, we’re going to see multiple sites in every major metropolitan area.”
You can also find a complete listing of the state’s remote testing sites here:
Remote Assessment Sites
- Vanderbilt Health Walk-In Clinic – Mt. Juliet, 64 Belinda Parkway, Suite 200A, Mt. Juliet, TN 37122
- Vanderbilt Health Walk-In Clinic – Melrose, 2608 8th Ave. S, Suite 102A, Berry Hill, TN 37204
- Vanderbilt Health Walk-In Clinic – Bellevue, 7069-B, Highway 70 South, Nashville, TN 37221
- Vanderbilt Health Walk-In Clinic – Belle Meade, 4534 Harding Pike, Nashville, TN 37205
- Vanderbilt Health and Williamson Medical Center Walk-In Clinic, 3098 Campbell Station Parkway, Suite 100 Spring Hill, TN 37174
- Vanderbilt Health and Williamson County Walk-In Clinic, 1834 W McEwen Drive, Suite 110, Franklin, TN37067
- Vanderbilt Health and Williamson Medical Center Walk-In Clinic,134 Pewitt Drive, Suite 200, Brentwood, TN 37027
- Vanderbilt Health and Williamson Medical Center Walk-In Clinic, 919 Murfreesboro Road, Franklin, TN 37064
- Vanderbilt Health and Williamson Medical Center Walk-In Clinic, 940 Oldham Drive, Nolensville, TN 37135
- Vanderbilt Primary Care – Clarksville 800 Weatherly Street, Suite 201B, Clarksville, TN 37043
- Vanderbilt Primary Care – Gallatin, 300 Steam Plant Road, Suite 430, Gallatin, TN 37066
- Bristol Regional Medical Center, 1 Medical Park Blvd, Bristol, TN 37260
- Indian Path Community Hospital, 2000 Brookside Dr, Kingsport, TN 37660
- Sycamore Shoals Hospital, 1501 W. Elk Ave, Elizabethton, TN 37643
- Unicoi Co. Hospital, 2030 Temple Hill Rd, Erwin, TN 37650
- Greeneville Community Hospital East, 1420 Tusculum Blvd, Greeneville, TN 37745
- Hawkins Co. Memorial Hospital, 851 Locust St, Rogersville, TN 37857
- Franklin Woods Community Hospital, 300 Med Tech Pkwy, Johnson City, TN 37604