JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — Ballad Health reported an increase of pediatric COVID-19 patients for the second day in a row on Thursday, with an additional child battling the virus at Niswonger Children’s Hospital.
The Ballad Health scorecard indicated that COVID-19 hospitalizations didn’t budge overnight for adult patients, remaining at 166 inpatients.
This data span across Ballad Health’s 21-county service area and show that the region’s COVID-19 positivity rate sits at 11.8% on Thursday.
Vaccination rates remained the same on Thursday and continue to trail behind statewide rates.
The following is a breakdown of COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health on Nov. 4:
- Total COVID-19 hospitalizations: 166
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under investigation): 7 (+2)
- Total COVID-19 admissions: 16 (-3)
- Total COVID-19 discharges: 16 (-1)
- COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit: 44 (-3)
- COVID-19 patients on a ventilator: 35 (+4)
- Pediatric patients in Niswonger Children’s Hospital: 4 (+1)
- Percent of population fully vaccinated: 44.7%
Ballad Health reported Thursday that there have been 39 COVID-related deaths in the region in the past seven days, compared to the 37 deaths reported on Wednesday within the last seven days.