JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — Two more children are in Niswonger Children’s Hospital receiving COVID-19 treatment on Wednesday, according to Ballad Health.
A total of three pediatric inpatients continue to battle the novel coronavirus at Niswonger across the health system’s 21-county service area.
Ballad also reported two new hospitalizations and a drop of two patients receiving care in the Intensive Care Unit.
According to data released by Ballad Health, 93% of the hospitalized COVID-19 patients in the health system are unvaccinated. Of the 47 patients in the ICU, 46 have not been vaccinated.
The following is a breakdown of COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health on Nov. 3:
- Total COVID-19 hospitalizations: 166 (+2)
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under investigation): 5
- Total COVID-19 admissions: 19 (-5)
- Total COVID-19 discharges: 17 (-6)
- COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit: 47 (-2)
- COVID-19 patients on a ventilator: 31
- Pediatric patients in Niswonger Children’s Hospital: 3 (+2)
- Percent of population fully vaccinated: 44.7% (+0.2)
Ballad Health reported Wednesday that there have been 37 COVID-related deaths in the region in the past seven days, compared to the 54 deaths reported on Tuesday within the last seven days.