JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — The Ballad Health system recorded 15 additional COVID-19 hospitalizations over the weekend.
This increase in COVID-19 hospitalizations was reported from data spanning across Ballad’s 21-county service area.
Data from Monday showed that there were 29 admissions recorded over the weekend, along with a slight decrease in Intensive Care Unit (ICU) patients and those on ventilators due to the virus.
The following is a breakdown of COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health on Nov. 22:
- Total COVID-19 hospitalizations: 158 (+15)
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under investigation): 4 (+1)
- Total COVID-19 admissions: 40 (+29)
- Total COVID-19 discharges: 26 (+8)
- COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit: 40 (-1)
- COVID-19 patients on a ventilator: 30 (-5)
- Pediatric patients in Niswonger Children’s Hospital: 1
- Percent of population fully vaccinated: 45.3% (+0.1)
Ballad Health reported Monday that there have been 31 COVID-related deaths in the region in the past seven days, compared to the 38 deaths reported on Friday within the last seven days.
The region’s positivity rate stands at 13.3% on Monday.