JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — The Ballad Health system reported 13 additional COVID-19 hospitalizations than previously recorded on Monday.
On Tuesday, Ballad data show there are 171 patients fighting the novel coronavirus in facilities across Ballad’s 21-county service area.
This includes 40 patients fighting critical cases of the virus in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), with 30 patients depending on ventilators.
There are no children battling the virus at Niswonger Children’s hospital, Tuesday’s scorecard shows.
The following is a breakdown of COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health on Nov. 23:
- Total COVID-19 hospitalizations: 171 (+13)
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under investigation): 4
- Total COVID-19 admissions: 30 (-10)
- Total COVID-19 discharges: 17 (-9)
- COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit: 40
- COVID-19 patients on a ventilator: 30
- Pediatric patients in Niswonger Children’s Hospital: 0 (-1)
- Percent of population fully vaccinated: 45.3%
Ballad Health reported Tuesday that there have been 40 COVID-related deaths in the region in the past seven days, compared to the 31 deaths reported on Monday within the last seven days.
The region’s positivity rate stands at 13.9% on Tuesday.