JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — Six more patients are receiving treatment for COVID-19 within Ballad Health Intensive Care Units (ICU) on Tuesday.
The health system previously reported 105 patients in the ICU on Monday; on Tuesday, that number stood at 110 patients.
No more children have been admitted into Niswonger due to COVID-19, Ballad Health revealed, but four pediatric patients remain hospitalized.
The number of patients relying on ventilators also rose from 87 to 90, according to Ballad’s COVID-19 Scorecard.
Over the past seven days, Ballad used state-reported data to determine that there have been 72 COVID-related deaths in the hospital system’s 21-county service area.
According to the scorecard, the region’s fully vaccinated population has not grown since the prior week, remaining at 41%. That percentage is still below both Tennessee and Virginia’s statewide averages.
The following is a breakdown of Tuesday’s COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health:
- Total number of COVID-19 patients in the hospital: 387 (+6)
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under investigation): 14 (+5)
- Total COVID-19 admissions: 61 (-1)
- Total COVID-19 discharges: 55 (-12)
- COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit: 110 (+5)
- COVID-19 patients on a ventilator: 90 (+3)
- Pediatric patients in Niswonger Children’s Hospital: 4
- Percent of population fully vaccinated: 41.0%
For complete coronavirus coverage, CLICK HERE.