JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — Officials with Ballad Health released the system’s latest COVID-19 numbers on Tuesday, August 17, announcing there are 190 patients receiving treatment for the virus at its hospitals.
This marks the highest number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients since Jan. 24, 2021 when that number sat at 195 patients.
Monday’s patient count in Ballad facilities was the second highest, with 179 patients hospitalized due to COVID-19.
Forty-three patients are currently depending on a ventilator — nearly double from last Monday’s 22 patients.
Monday’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) numbers nearly mirror numbers seen last January — on January 19, there were 57 patients in the ICU; as of August 16, there are 55 patients in the ICU in Ballad Health facilities.
The following is a breakdown of COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health:
- Total number of COVID-19 patients in the hospital: 190
- Total COVID-19 admissions: 28
- Total COVID-19 discharges: 16
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under investigation): 7
- COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit: 58
- COVID-19 patients on a ventilator: 43
- Pediatric patients in Niswonger Children’s Hospital: 2
- Percent of population fully vaccinated: 38.6%
According to Tuesday’s scorecard, the positivity rate sits at 14.7%, and Ballad used state-reported data to reveal that there have been 27 COVID-19-related deaths in its 21-county service area in the past seven days.
For complete coronavirus coverage, CLICK HERE.