JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — Sixteen fewer patients are hospitalized in Ballad Health facilities on Wednesday.
According to the health system, 371 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized compared to 387 on Tuesday.
Over the past seven days, Ballad used state-reported data to determine that there have been 66 COVID-related deaths in the hospital system’s 21-county service area.
According to the scorecard, the region’s fully vaccinated population has not grown since the prior week, remaining at 41%. That percentage is still below both Tennessee and Virginia’s statewide averages.
The following is a breakdown of Wednesday’s COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health:
- Total number of COVID-19 patients in the hospital: 371 (-16)
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under investigation): 13 (-1)
- Total COVID-19 admissions: 40 (-21)
- Total COVID-19 discharges: 56 (+1)
- COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit: 105 (-5)
- COVID-19 patients on a ventilator: 87 (-3)
- Pediatric patients in Niswonger Children’s Hospital: 3 (-1)
- Percent of population fully vaccinated: 41.0%
For complete coronavirus coverage, CLICK HERE.