JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — Friday’s COVID-19 totals within Ballad Health facilities halted a downward trend in hospitalizations, according to the scorecard from health officials.
Ballad saw three additional COVID-19 hospitalizations since Thursday, along with nine admissions due to the virus.
The vaccination rate remained the same for the second day in a row, lingering behind statewide rates in Tennessee and Virginia.
The following is data as reported by Ballad Health:
- Total COVID-19 hospitalizations: 189 (+3)
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under investigation): 7 (+1)
- Total COVID-19 admissions: 28 (+9)
- Total COVID-19 discharges: 25 (+4)
- COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit: 39 (-5)
- COVID-19 patients on a ventilator: 34
- Pediatric patients in Niswonger Children’s Hospital: 1
- Percent of population fully vaccinated: 44.1%
Ballad Health reported Friday that there have been 53 COVID-related deaths in the region in the past seven days.
For complete coronavirus coverage, CLICK HERE.