JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — Ballad Health reported Friday that its COVID-19 hospitalization numbers are nearing those seen during the Delta surge.
Friday’s COVID-19 hospitalizations at Ballad facilities stand at 270 — marking the highest since Oct. 7.
According to the health system, three more people are battling the virus in Intensive Care Units in facilities across the provider’s 21-county service area in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
Data also showed that four more COVID-19 patients have declined to the point they need a ventilator.
There is one child fighting the virus at Niswonger, according to Ballad, which is an increase since Thursday.
Ballad Health used state-reported data to reveal that the positive rate in the region has almost climbed back up to nearly 20%.
The following is a breakdown of COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health on Dec. 31:
- Total COVID-19 hospitalizations: 270 (+7)
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under investigation): 4 (-5)
- Total COVID-19 admissions: 30 (-9)
- Total COVID-19 discharges: 23 (-7)
- COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit: 74 (+3)
- COVID-19 patients on a ventilator: 63 (+4)
- Pediatric patients in Niswonger Children’s Hospital: 1 (+1)
- Percent of population fully vaccinated: 47.7%
Ballad Health reported Friday that there have been 127 COVID-19 deaths in its 21-county service area over the last seven days.