JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) – Officials with Ballad Health released the system’s latest COVID-19 numbers on Wednesday, May 12, announcing there are 94 patients receiving treatment for the novel coronavirus at Ballad hospitals.
The health system now reports its COVID-19 numbers once a week on Wednesdays.
The following is a breakdown of COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health:
- Total number of COVID-19 patients in the hospital: 94
- Total COVID-19 admissions: 7
- Total COVID-19 discharges: 17
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under investigation): 4
- Designated COVID-19 beds available: 21
- Number of COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit: 27
- Number of COVID-19 patients on a ventilator: 18
- First doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered: 42,823
- Second doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered: 40,731
According to Wednesday’s scorecard, the positivity rate sits at 7.7%, and Ballad used state-reported data to reveal that there have been 20 COVID-19-related deaths in its 21-county service area in the past seven days.