JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) – Officials with Ballad Health released the system’s latest COVID-19 numbers on Wednesday, May 26 announcing there are 69 patients receiving treatment for the novel coronavirus at Ballad hospitals
View the scorecard for Wednesday, May 26. As we head into a holiday weekend, please remember to take precautions to protect yourself & your loved ones from COVID-19. #balladhealth #SpreadRespectNotCOVID
Last week, 69 patients were hospitalized across the Ballad system with COVID-19.
The following is a breakdown of COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health:
- Total number of COVID-19 patients in the hospital: 69
- Total COVID-19 admissions: 6
- Total COVID-19 discharges: 13
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under investigation): 0
- Designated COVID-19 beds available: 27
- Number of COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit: 13
- Number of COVID-19 patients on a ventilator: 9
- First doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered: 43,712
- Second doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered: 41,747
According to Wednesday’s scorecard, the positivity rate sits at 7.3%, and Ballad used state-reported data to reveal that there have been 14 COVID-19-related deaths in its 21-county service area in the past seven days.