Editor’s note: A previous version of the story reported that Ballad reported 68 COVID-19 deaths in its hospitals over the past seven days. The information has been updated to clarify that that number reflects the number of deaths in Ballad’s service area.
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) – Officials with Ballad Health released the system’s latest COVID-19 numbers on December 27, announcing there are 289 patients receiving treatment for coronavirus at Ballad hospitals.
Ballad Health officials reported 68 COVID-19 deaths at the system’s coverage area over the past seven days.
The following is a breakdown of COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health:
- Total number of COVID-19 patients in the hospital: 289
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under investigation): 7
- Designated COVID-19 beds available: 39
- Number of COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit: 57
- Number of COVID-19 patients on a ventilator: 38
Ballad Health does not report COVID-19 admissions or discharges over weekends.