JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — Officials with Ballad Health released the system’s latest COVID-19 numbers on Tuesday, August 24, announcing there are 283 patients receiving treatment for the virus at its hospitals.
The health system said that there are currently nine children being treated in Niswonger Children’s Hospital.
Forty-nine patients are currently depending on ventilators.
The following is a breakdown of COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health:
- Total number of COVID-19 patients in the hospital: 281 (-2)
- Total COVID-19 admissions: 46 (+12)
- Total COVID-19 discharges: 31 (+12)
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under investigation): 22 (+9)
- COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit: 71
- COVID-19 patients on a ventilator: 49 (-2)
- Pediatric patients in Niswonger Children’s Hospital: 9 (+3)
- Percent of population fully vaccinated: 39%
According to Wednesday’s scorecard, the positivity rate sits at 15.4%, and Ballad used state-reported data to reveal that there have been 25 COVID-19-related deaths in its 21-county service area in the past seven days.
For complete coronavirus coverage, CLICK HERE.