JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — Officials with Ballad Health released the system’s latest COVID-19 numbers on Friday, August 20, announcing there are 219 patients receiving treatment for the virus at its hospitals.
Forty-four patients are currently depending on ventilators — a number that continues to increase.
The following is a breakdown of COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health:
- Total number of COVID-19 patients in the hospital: 219
- Total COVID-19 admissions: 18
- Total COVID-19 discharges: 22
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under investigation): 14
- COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit: 65
- COVID-19 patients on a ventilator: 44
- Pediatric patients in Niswonger Children’s Hospital: 2
- Percent of population fully vaccinated: 38.6%
According to Friday’s scorecard, the positivity rate sits at 16.7%, and Ballad used state-reported data to reveal that there have been 26 COVID-19-related deaths in its 21-county service area in the past seven days.
For complete coronavirus coverage, CLICK HERE.