JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — Officials with Ballad Health released the system’s latest COVID-19 numbers on Wednesday, August 18, announcing there are 201 patients receiving treatment for the virus at its hospitals.
This marks the highest number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients since Jan. 22. Ballad’s facilities first topped 200 patients on Nov. 2, 2020.
Forty-four patients are currently depending on a ventilator — a number that continues to increase.
The following is a breakdown of COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health:
- Total number of COVID-19 patients in the hospital: 201
- Total COVID-19 admissions: 25
- Total COVID-19 discharges: 19
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under investigation): 9
- COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit: 61
- COVID-19 patients on a ventilator: 44
- Pediatric patients in Niswonger Children’s Hospital: 3
- Percent of population fully vaccinated: 38.6%
According to Wednesday’s scorecard, the positivity rate sits at 15.2%, and Ballad used state-reported data to reveal that there have been 25 COVID-19-related deaths in its 21-county service area in the past seven days.
For complete coronavirus coverage, CLICK HERE.