JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — Ballad Health reported another decrease in COVID-19 hospitalizations on Wednesday, revealing that 89% of hospitalized COVID-19 patients are unvaccinated.
This high percentage of unvaccinated patients also shows in ICU hospitalizations and those depending on ventilators, according to Ballad.
Ninety-five percent of those receiving care in the ICU due to the novel coronavirus are not vaccinated, and 97% of those depending on ventilators are unvaccinated.
The region’s vaccination rate has not budged, according to scorecard data, as 44.7% of people in Ballad’s 21-county service area are fully vaccinated, trailing behind statewide rates in Tennessee and Virginia.
The following is a breakdown of COVID-19 data provided by Ballad Health on Nov. 10:
- Total COVID-19 hospitalizations: 151 (-15)
- Total number of COVID-19 PUIs (patient under investigation): 4 (-1)
- Total COVID-19 admissions: 8 (-16)
- Total COVID-19 discharges: 23 (-4)
- COVID-19 patients in the Intensive Care Unit: 42 (-4)
- COVID-19 patients on a ventilator: 30 (-6)
- Pediatric patients in Niswonger Children’s Hospital: 3
- Percent of population fully vaccinated: 44.7%
Ballad Health reported Wednesday that there have been 42 COVID-related deaths in the region in the past seven days, compared to the 39 deaths reported on Tuesday within the last seven days.