KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The University of Tennessee-Knoxville currently has 28 positive COVID-19 cases, Chancellor Donde Plowman confirmed Thursday.
Plowman said 20 of the 28 positive cases on campus are students, while the remaining eight cases are university employees. Officials said 155 people are currently self-isolating due to potential exposure.
Students started moving into dorms Sunday, August 9.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- MLB, USA Baseball Announce New Format for Appalachian League
- ETSU Conservative Coalition holds debate watch party
- Johnson County Schools to remain on in-person system, over 260 in quarantine due to COVID-19
- Tennessee appeals court upholds school voucher ruling
- Greene County mask mandate extended